Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This Week's Loots.... And There Will Be Blood.

Like I was telling some folks how this week had been a "Big Bleed Out" week for me.... as I had acquired for myself some really pricey loots. And here they are...

HGUC 1/144 MS-06 Zaku "The Ground War" Set
HGUC 1/144 RX-79(G) Gundam "The Ground War" Set
HGUC 1/144 Powered GM (A really hard to find kit in the U.S.)

MG 1/100 GN-X
1/48 Gernsback M9 (Mao Ver.)
1/48 Gernsback M9 (Sosuke Ver.)
(These are from the Full Metal Panic series)
2 sets of the HGUC 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Decal

A new Iwata airbrush from their high performance plus line. This new double-action airbrush is the HP-BC Plus model. The reason for getting this is mainly due to the ability to swap paint bottles very quickly.
As you can see, the paint container is located at the bottom of the airbrush, and all I need to do between spraying different colors is just to swap between the color paint bottles & the airbrush cleaning fluid bottle. Since I am very meticulous about cleaning my brush before I start with another paint color, this is going to save me lots of time.

I got 5 (2 oz.) bottles & 2 (1 oz.) bottles to put in different paint colors for each project. A 2 oz. bottle can probably hold enough paint for a MG kit. So this is going to be a big time saver for me. Is just like swapping a gun magazine. =)

Here is an image of my new airbrush with my 2 other older airbrush. A Tamiya beginner single-action brush, and a Iwata double-action Hi-Line HP-CH airbrush. The Iwata HP-CH is a really good airbrush, but the paint container just doesn't hold enough paint for me, and also cleaning between color takes up a lot of my time. So now I will just use my HP-CH as my second airbrush.

Another pricey item I acquired is the Artograph Spray Booth. I am planning to bring airbrush from the garage into my house, so that I don't have to work outside. Another time saver..... but I will need to find time to set it up properly.

Restocked some airbrush cleaner supplies.... a bottle of airbrush cleaner & a tabletop airbrush cleaner set.

I seldom collect toys / figures anymore, but when I saw this.... I just wanna get it. This is the Movie Realization Evangelion EVA-01 F Test Type from Bandai. The paint job is really good on this too.
I am not a hardcore fan of Evangelion, but with the recent spectacular remake of the EVA movies, I just want a figure from it standing on my desk.

8 comments:

  1. man, big investment. Somehow i don't like those vaccum type airbrush. I mess up your spray area when you paint is low. And switching bottles don't really work as good as u think.... But the iwata hp-c is good pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Richard: I tested the new airbrush, it seems to work okay so far, and swapping bottles is working out well. Although I need to have a paper towel ready from possible drip when I pull it out, but is not too bad.

    Yeah I can understand how it can make a mess if the paint level is too low, I guess I will need to keep my eyes to make sure it doesn't pass that level.

    @Tonzo: Thanks! I am probably going to hold off any further purchases for awhile after spending so much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of stuff man.. xD

    I'm awaiting whatever you'll be doing with the ground sets..

    But anything you make is awesome xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Arein: Thanks! I was looking at your bloggie, and you do a great job painting your gunplas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woooow thats a lot of stuff you bought.
    i'got a quistion for you.
    would it not be a lot cheaper if you do some things yourself ?
    (i saw this quote somewhere else on a gunpla blog)
    since were all builders of hobbykits you should easy make an spraybooth yourself (like i did, not trying to brag)and an airbrush cleaner (things that takes the leftover paint).
    and then if you can find it, you can clean youreairbrush with a degreaser soluition.
    its way cheaper than airbrush cleaner in a bottle and it does the same thing.
    this way you can make youre hobby a whole lot cheaper.

    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol thanks.. I try to do whatever I can =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @marc: Yeah I am sure there are many things I can do to make this hobby of mine cheaper, as you suggested. And I think I do spend way too much $$ supporting this hobby. =D

    Whats the brand of degreaser do you use to clean your airbrush? I used to just use Laquer thinner and it bascially clean out every thing, but it has really bad fume. With the tabletop cleaner, at least it keep the smells in.

    @Arein: I like the custom colors you applied to your kit.

    ReplyDelete

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails